Sunday, July 31, 2011

London Art

Being in London has lead me to so many new experiences and feelings.  I'm here in this new place studying the landscapes, the architecture and the art while creating my own art at the same time.  Also, I'm away from everything I've known in the U.S.  It's not a bad thing at all.  It just leads to a certain body of work because my state of mind is in a very particular place.  Mentally, I'm extremely happy to be here doing what I love and my heart is here too BUT then at the same time, my mind drifts to my love, Brian, back home and my heart misses him so much.  So since it has been a while for a blog post, here's a little London Sandy art along with the corresponding poem:


Just to touch your hand
To feel your fingers against mine
To feel your shoulder brush against mine
Would be so sweet
Would be so divine

My being aches for yours
My skin trembles yearning for your touch
I imagine how our lips will meet
How I’ll run my hands gently over your chest
Down your stomach to your feet

Cherishing with my entire being
This which houses your soul
So precious you are
You with my soul, I caress
I love 

Just to touch your hand - watercolor on paper

1 comment:

  1. Hope all went well in London! I really like how you can make me feel love by this poem and painting...many of your paintings evoke a specific feeling.

    ReplyDelete