Friday, April 22, 2011

Existence for me

This place I've created
This feeling of whole
To let it go
To give it away
Why
For who
For what
Go down that path?
No
No
Too painful
Painful not strong enough
Horrible
Gut wrenching
Death might as well
Greet me at the door
To my next "home"

Something I've accepted
This life ours to be
Do we live?
Do we journey?
Or do we struggle?

A down turn I expect
What else?
An upturn...
Will go down
It's how it works
It's just as is

I look at my hands
Scribbling what's inside
Trying to get it out
Tears swell my eyes
I hate this
I feel so much
It hurts
I don't know why
What it is
But I accept it
As who I am

I am this person
Lonely yet not
Passionate and calm
Pretty with ugly
I am as I am
Not sure how it works
Or why
Just what this moment is
Sometimes it is
Sometimes it's not
I am here
I am found. 


A glimpse inside my head - Acrylic, Chalk pastel

2 comments:

  1. I love your poem "My Soul-My Throne" and also how you expose so much of yourself in "Existence of Me". That's so neat that you can paint too...I often wish I had that talent because sometimes what I feel I can't always put into words and the only One who sees me then is God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In you poem you use action terms that evoke deep emotion when used in this blunt-commanding-poetic format. For example, you talk about letting go and and giving away, while asking questions with difficult, complex, or just no answers.You force the reader to ask them selves who, what and why they are. What do you value? Where is your home? What kind of person am I? Well, you know what I mean. These qualities prove your value and writing skills.

    ReplyDelete